By codenus in Steamer Posted December 19, 2018 Tags Best Steamer,Details Steamer,Online Steamer,Steamer,Steamer Rating,Steamer Review,What is a Steamer
What is a Steamer and How Can It Make My Life Easier
Are you looking for ways to make all the wrinkles disappear regardless of how bad they are? A steamer is a handheld device also known as garment steamer or clothes steamer. Even though people use steamers in the kitchen to cook their meals, we are going to talk about those we use to get rid of wrinkles on our clothes thanks to the steam technology.
For many years, steaming your clothes has been one of the most annoying and boring activities in any house. In fact, most people prefer to pay for expensive laundries and even pay to someone else to come home to iron your clothes.
Well, that’s something that will remain in the past because of the steam is one of the easier and yet effortless ways to make all your wrinkles disappear. A steamer will make all wrinkles disappear from all kind of fabrics and garments, with the use of high-temperature steam.
- 5 Best Fabric Steamers 2019 Reviews & Buying Guide
- The Best Way to Get Rid of Wrinkles
- How to Choose the Best Steamer Online
- How to Use a Clothes Steamer (The Right Way)
- How to Use a Steamer for Clothes Like a Pro
- How to Buy the Best Steam Cleaner
- Clothes steamer | steamer for clothes in usa
- Should I Buy a Fabric Steamer or a Clothes Iron?
How a steamer does works?
The working principle behind of a clothes steamer is simple but effective. Once you turn on your device, it must get hot prior using it on your clothing. After some seconds, it has to be ready to use and provide some hot steam that will penetrate deep into the fabrics and thus, relaxing inner fibers to make wrinkles disappear quicker than ironing.
As the steam penetrates deep inside the fabrics, your clothes will be in pristine condition, removing all wrinkles and imperfections is just a matter of seconds.
Also, steam has become one of the easier and preferred ways to get rid of wrinkles because it works amazing on most of fabrics. Even for heavier materials.
Sizes of Steamers
The market is massive, so as we can find vehicles for all kinds, forms, and sizes, the same happens with clothes steamers.
They are available in almost all kind of imaginable sizes; of course, none of them has a compact-size as Turbo Steam. However, there is no best steamer in the market, they are all different and may work differently for some people.
Let’s suppose you are looking for a clothes steamer to make your wrinkles disappear when traveling because luggage ruins our clothing, right? Then, the best bet will be a compact-size steamer like Turbo Steam.
Turbo Steam has an incredible and convenient compact-size that allows it to fit in most of the purses, luggage, and even backpacks. As you will be traveling, you need something convenient, comfortable and effective to get rid of wrinkles in the first second you take your clothes out of your luggage.
Compact-size steamers are recommended for any kind of household looking for a comfortable and immediate way to get rid of wrinkles from all kind of fabrics and garment. However, they are not recommended for heavy duties, like a huge family or a constant use of it.
In addition, they are super cheap compared to bigger options like a commercial and small business steamer. However, these compact handheld devices lack the same power and effectiveness of its oldest brothers.
Commercial or small business steamers
These kinds of steamers are designed to be used on a daily basis and on heavy duties like laundries and households with big families. They are easily noticeable because most of them are as big as any other cleaning device as a vacuum or similar. Yes, they are another level of power and convenience but just in extreme cases like a business or big families.
It does have more power than a handheld device, but it’s not at comfortable, convenient and hassle-free as a compact-size steamer like Turbo Steam.
Why? Because I find really uncomfortable and not convenient the fact of bringing in, huge devices like a vacuum to get rid of some wrinkles before heading to work. I don’t know, it sounds uncomfortable and a pain experience overall.
They are completely useless if you are looking for a device you can carry on with you all time. It is unnecessary no explain this point because I don’t find any viable way to make a commercial or small business steamer fit on a luggage or even backpack.
Ironing vs steaming; which is better?
Let’s put this simply: If you have a ton pile of clothing like a mountain, then ironing will be probably the best way to do it. However, we have proven so many negative aspects about ironing you cannot neglect and one of those is the damage present in fabric after ironing –especially delicate fabrics like silk-
Therefore, 99% of the time you would like to steam your clothes rather than ironing them. These are considerable amount of reason why you wouldn’t like ironing your entire closet:
- Ironing damages your fabrics: Ironing is specifically harmful to delicate fabrics such as silk an others similar. Even some fabrics could get damaged if you let your iron sitting some extra second on any fabric. Let alone heavier fabrics, if you make one mistake and you let your iron on any fabrics, you will burn it.
- Ironing is not as effective: Steam penetrates deep in the fabrics relaxing the inner fibers and it makes wrinkles disappear in a few seconds. Ironing is not as effective, as you need to iron the same part of the fabric a few times until making that wrinkle disappear.
- Ironing makes you worn out quickly: It is not a secret, any commercial iron is really heavy, even more, if it’s filled out completely with water. Just imagine dragging that heavy device back and forth for hours, I bet you will be tired in a few minutes. A tank full of water, back and forth movement and a heavy device that’s not getting rid of wrinkles hassle-free!
- Ironing is not consistent: If you have ever ironed in your life, then chances are you know how painful and stressing it’s to get a good final result. Ironing is hard and leaving your clothes like shirts and pants all wrinkles-free is tough because each time you iron a part of the fabric, another part got ruined.
- Ironing is odd, and old-fashioned: Once you have tested a steamer personally, there is no way back to ironing again. Old-fashioned things are okay, people are in love with things that have more age than them. But, you need to step hard and start steaming your clothing for maximum results and supreme comfortableness.
How do I Buy a Garment Steamer?
Buying your steamer has never been so easy.
The first thing you need to know is exactly what kind of use you are intended to give your steamer.
Is it for you and while travelling abroad? Then, a compact-size but powerful steamer like Turbo Steam is all you need. Our backpack will be the transportation of our steamer, that’s why you need a portable, but reliable steamer leaving you wrinkle-free.
Is it for your house and tons of clothes? If you never worry about getting wrinkles while traveling, then your worries are at your house. In a big family, tons of clothes is the day-to-day for many householders and a commercial steamer will make your life easier –and that pile of wrinkled clothes disappears-
Another hint is having the best brands on your options. That way you will be sure you are getting a reliable product from a trustworthy company.
Features of a steamer
A steamer is compound by a set of parts that help you when getting rid of wrinkles. Each one of these parts, are essential for the basic functioning of your steamer and you need to make sure your next steamer have them all:
- Temperature dial: A basic feature of any steamer is a temperature dial that allows you to control the exact temperature you need for any specific fabric type. Hotter for the heaviest fabrics and not so hot for delicate fabrics such as silk.
- Steam nozzle: The nozzle is one of the most important yet neglected parts of any steamer. It needs to be high-quality to avoid any damage to your fabrics and needs to have a hair comb to reduce the friction.
- Water Tank: Any steamer must have a water tank, that’s a no-brainer because without water there won’t be steam. A 100 ml will make you steam your clothes for a while without running out of water.
- Clothes hanger and pegs: This is not included on most of the steamer present in the market. However, it’s a good addition because you will expand your number of existent hanger and pegs. This is not essential, as you can grab some of them from your closet.
Traditionally, the first thing that crosses our mind when we are talking about getting rid of wrinkles is an iron.
That’s normal, traditions are meant to be kept and it’s a good culture to familiarize wrinkles with an iron. However, technology has made our life easier in every single aspect, from eating; paying our bills and even make those nasty wrinkles disappear.
The way technology has made our life easier when treating our clothing from wrinkles is through steam -an old friend that is well known in kitchens and beauty centers- Guess what? It’s not an innovative technology. In fact, it has been around for many decades but just now we are starting to pay attention to this amazing and hassle-free technology to keep our clothes and every kind of fabric tidy.
Conclusion: Ironing or Steaming?
When we are getting a new product or service, what we expect from it is making our life easier.
There is no point of wasting your valuable money on things you really don’t need. An iron is probably an item that you and many others don’t longer need because there are better options. A garment steamer will make you save at least half-time you spend ironing all your clothes.
The time you will save is just the tip of the iceberg.
A clothes steamer will make your clothes last longer, as it doesn’t harm the fabrics by avoiding the physical contact between the iron and the fabric. The temperature is lower and the steam production is way higher on a steamer, so all garments will be wrinkle-free in a matter of seconds.
The only reason why you wouldn’t buy a steamer is probably that you already have an iron or you don’t pretend on traveling soon.